What we do
What we do
Our animal brain outreach activity includes dinosaurs!
Edinburgh Neuroscience creates a dynamic and collegiate research environment by supporting our researchers and students via a range of activites:
- Providing an efficient communication hub and central point of contact (website, weekly email digests, social media)
- Organising whole community, as well as cross-discipline themed, meetings and networking opportunities (e.g. Neuroscience Day)
- Running cross-discipline training opportunities for PhD students (e.g. Autumn School for PhD Students)
- Coordinating an extensive outreach programme for schools and the public
- Working with academics to submit strategic grants
- Coordinating the Wellcome Trust PhD Programme in Translational Neuroscience
- Administer funding schemes to support our students, early years and established researchers (e.g. Neuroresearchers Fund, RS MacDonald Seedcorn Fund)
Simply being there for our research community to help them conceptualise, develop, and fulfil their ideas.